a_kemp885

Reconfiguration ideas to let light in and work better for a family

Ivy G

Hi, we’re thinking of buying this house, however due to its current layout design the front living room and hallway are so dark (the garden where the Kitchen is is south facing and gets a lot of light). It’s also an expensive house so although we’d love to extend we don’t have the capital to, so are thinking of cheap ways to reconfigure the space so it works better for us. Or maybe you think it’s fine as is? The dark grey rectangle in the kitchen is an island but really it is just a breakfast bar so we will likely get rid of that to swap for a dining table as we are a family.

any ideas really appreciated!

thanks