emmasheridan

Interior wall dilemma

emmasheridan
3 years ago

Hello all

I really need some ideas for the wall that connects a dark hallway and the living room. We had the glass blocks added about 10 years ago now and it is looking very dated.

We need to introduce as much light as possible so was thinking about adding another door but changing them to partly glazed however as we have a large sofa the other side, the left hand door would always have to be closed which seems pointless so have now discarded that idea.

I then thought about removing the existing door and taking out the bricks to open up the space completely but again have the sofa issue and also as we don’t have any radiators in the living area, only a gas fire, thought it would make it too cold.

My third option is to remove the blocks, have a solid wall on the lower half and a glazed area on the upper half but again am nervous about it looking dated.

I am really struggling with this one and so would really welcome some design advice...and if anyone could suggest a good colour scheme to go with chocolate brown leather sofas then that would also be a bonus!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.