sleekydeak

Is it worth extending even further?

sleekydeak
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all,I was wondering if people could advise as we have been going around in circles! We currently have a semi detached property with a wrap around single story extension going around in an L shape. The layout really doesnt work for us, there are too many separate rooms and it just doesnt flow. We are aiming to keep the rooms on the right hand single story extension untouched (the study, playroom and bathroom) due to budget constraints and remove the internal walls to create an open plan kitchen/diner. We have been thinking though that although the current extension is around 3.8m, it might be worth going through planning again to extend the back two rooms out to 5m to create a bit more space. The roof will have to be removed to fit in the steels anyway and we are changing it to a pitched roof (it's currently flat) so thought if its something we wanted to do, now is the time to do it. Question is, is it worth all the hassle of going through planning again just for a bit more space? Also, layout wise, we have hit a brick wall on that too, we would love a kitchen diner and a utility but just cant work out how to configure it all especially if we have bifold across the back. Any advice please would be great!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.