sam_potter37

Hall, stairs and landing dilemma

Sam Potter
3 years ago

After nearly three years of living in a house that looks like a tribute to the squats I lived in in the 80s, we're finally doing the hall. We saw a glimpse of Oliver Thomas' lovely green hallway on the Great Interior Design challenge and managed to get super cheap Wickes paint two days later. Yay for click and collect! But we're not sure about doing the whole upstairs landing green. I had the idea of doing a gold feature wall at the top of the stairs, facing the front door. Either with paint or wallpaper., which could act as a buffer between the green and another colour. The hall ceiling and plaster we're committed to doing green, but what about the landing ceiling?
FYI the plan for the hall floor is to board it and lay sheet vinyl through the hall and kitchen. Probably b&w chequer board, though I'm open to other ideas. The stairs will be painted, with a painted runner (colour tbc).
Any advice on any of these colours gratefully received. Oh and currently the back of the front door is still coral, and the lobby is white. But we could change these.
Hit me with your colour wisdom, Houzz gurus!
Thanks! xxxxx
Ps the photos are just work in progress shots, plus one of the lovely Oliver's house from the GIDC. Many more coats to go to get the intense green all over.

Comments (46)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.