sherida_mohammed15

Layout ideas for full house renovation

Sherida Mohammed

Hello! I am slowly undertaking a full house renovation with limited budget. The house is a fixer upper one storey bungalow on a narrow lot in the Caribbean. Construction is concrete blocks with plaster. The lumber roof was replaced with a steel roof due to termite infestation. My wish list consists of: 1. Passive cooling

1. Better flow/ function/ Broken plan layout preferred
  2. Lots of natural light
  3. Office/ Guest room
  4. Better use of the corridor space
  5. Accessibility for elderly parents

Ive done a rough sketch with the current layout. The wall which runs north to south along the corridor from Bed #3 to the master bedroom is load bearing as the roof has been anchored at the centre.
Any suggestions on improving the layout to achieve all of the above is welcomed! A complete redo of the Electrical wiring is my next project for the reno.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Comment