runninggirl488

Garden design feedback :)

Running Girl
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone :)

We are planning to get our garden done and would appreciate any feedback on the design. We’ve had some gardeners provide suggestions and used Pinterest etc. I want the modern look of clean lines without it being overly modern. The lounge is at the back of the house so we look over the garden.

It’s a north facing plot, clay soil and a new build so need to start with having proper drainage! The garden slopes towards the house so we also plan on having it levelled. We will also need a step down from the gate onto the garden as the drive slopes

The plan so far is:

Drainage

Patio off house, full width of the garden. Remove shed and replace with a smaller bike store. This area gets zero sun

Paving slabs as stepping stones from patio off house to patio at right hand corner of garden, where we get plenty of sun

Smaller patio in left hand corner of garden to pull the eye across

Porcelain paving for patios

Plant beds running along fence from front to back patios and between the two patios (undecided on using everedge, railway sleepers or something else)

Gravel boards or something else under fence as weeds etc grow through the gap

New turf with good quality topsoil

We have had some gardeners to quote for the above and also more of a landscaper who is taking our idea and designing something, so will be interesting to see what he comes up with. I’ve asked the gardeners to date for feedback on what I am suggesting and this has been limited. So I am hoping this means my ideas are decent! One suggested making the two back patios the same size with the top right patio being composite decking so this is something to consider

Any feedback would be helpful to hear. Thank you!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.