webuser_797634512

Colour advice for lounge please

Avril
3 years ago

Time, under lockdown, to personalise our lounge, having moved in 18 months ago. We have opened up the fireplace, for decoration purposes only, and will be sealing the brickwork and ordering a log basket and a black honed slate hearth the width of the wooden surround. There is a lot of white woodwork which we will keep but the walls, throughout the apartment, are currently Dulux Trade Gardenia which is basically Magnolia with a yellowish hue!

The fire surround needs painting, possibly the same colour as the chimney breast? I have also seen appealing examples where the alcoves are painted in a darker colour, helping to 'hide' the TV. The two sofas are black/brown fabric with brown and cream back cushions, the tub chair is black and the carpet, for the time being at least, is beige. We're thinking the speakers need to be replaced with a sound bar soon!

Currently, we're leaning towards F&B Moles Breath for the alcoves and possibly Skimming Stone for the rest of the room and fire surround? It's a long time since we've decorated anywhere and there are so many great ideas on here that I would really value others input. The room is light and warm with very high ceilings, the latter making it quite important to get the colours right first time!

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.