poppybrighton

Frog tape peeling off paint

poppybrighton
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello

I am losing my mind here. I am joining two different colours and have painted 2 coats (now 4 coats...) of grey Little Greene with an overlap where I want to put the neighbouring colour of blue. 2 weeks after painting the grey I masked the join using Frog tape, painted the blue, removed tape immediately and voila all my grey paint peeled away leaving bare plaster exposed. I sanded it all back and gave it another 2 coats, used the Frog tape again but this time used a hair dryer to soften the tape glue but again it PEELED OFF THE PAINT.

I have been without a living room for 6 months now and this is the last job before we can move into it. Does anyone please know a way to join 2 colours of paint without tape?

Thanks! 😢

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.