pannacotta

Please help with room layout / sofa options

pannacotta
3 years ago

(67) Pinterest · More Info

Our main sitting room is a lovely space with high ceilings, oak shutters/panelling and a wood burner (no TV).

But I have struggled to furnish it due to the doorway being in the middle of the room. I took the double doors off and use a thick door curtain instead, seen in the last photo.

The large bay window area also means the room feels off balance.

It's a family room where we relax, play board games and also practice music. I had planned to move the piano and instruments but my sons refuse to practice in the other room, so they will have to stay.

At the moment I have mismatched sofas 2 large 3 seaters and a formal snuggler type sofa (seats 1).

These can all go but I will need to replace them.

To centre a large sofa between the pillars the sofa opposite overlaps the doorway which isnt right.

Another option is to place one large sofa facing the fire (and then add armchairs in front of each alcove) but then you walk into the side of if as you come into the room.

I am open to moving the door if there is no better solution but would need to leave space for the piano.

Please see the plan and photos which I hope show the issues clearly. Also please excuse the mess (I blame lockdown!)...

I would be really grateful for suggestions on how to make it work and feel better. Once the layout is finalised I can get finally get round to replacing the tired sofas and getting some art on the walls!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.