robert_crick

Is changing my living room into a kitchen/ dining room a good idea?

Robert Crick
3 years ago

I own a small end terrace house which has been shared by 3 adults and it was a bit of a squeeze. In the past it was lived in by a couple and their child.

I am considering taking the parting wall between bedroom 1 and bedroom 2 down to create a large master bedroom. Bedroom 1 is currently the biggest room and its only 3m x 3.5m in size. Bedroom 2 is only 2.2 meter square and isn't really livable for an adult let alone a child.

This is an investment and im concerned that having one less bedroom will lower the rent. I could create a double bedroom in place of where the kitchen is but only if I have a new kitchen put in the living room. The living room is trafficked by entering the house, taking the stairs to the bedrooms and bathroom or by going to the kitchen and the kitchen needs updating anyway. I think if I did make the kitchen end into a double room, a buyer would have the option of using that as a sitting room instead anyway if content with just 2 bedrooms.

Anyway long story short im not sure if the house will be improved by these changes or not so here we are!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.