alise_griinberga

Zanzibar Gem/ZZ plant bulb is soft.Pleas help!!!

The bulb is full of liquid like a balloon full of water. Plant itself is absolutely fine, no yellowing or dropping leafs. It wasn’t overwatered ether. I smelled it and I think it does smells a little. Any help will be amazing!!

• nmlondon

i know you mentioned it is not being over-watered but that looks like the result of too much water. I have several of those, both green and raven types), they really need very little water, i read somewhere, once a month is plenty. there are a few helpful youtube videos explaining how to care for zz plant

• Alise Griinberga

It’s not overwatered, I haven’t done it since it’s been reported and it’s been over a month ago. I do know they are like succulents and don’t require much. I’m also underwaterer.
    It’s strange I can’t find any information about this particular problem. Thank you tho!

• Sonia

I just read that the bulbs are where it stores water. There is lots of advice if you google the plant, but it seems normal.