alise_griinberga

Zanzibar Gem/ZZ plant bulb is soft.Pleas help!!!

Alise Griinberga
3 years ago

The bulb is full of liquid like a balloon full of water. Plant itself is absolutely fine, no yellowing or dropping leafs. It wasn’t overwatered ether. I smelled it and I think it does smells a little. Any help will be amazing!!

Comments (3)

• nmlondon
    3 years ago

i know you mentioned it is not being over-watered but that looks like the result of too much water. I have several of those, both green and raven types), they really need very little water, i read somewhere, once a month is plenty. there are a few helpful youtube videos explaining how to care for zz plant

• Alise Griinberga
    Original Author
    3 years ago

It’s not overwatered, I haven’t done it since it’s been reported and it’s been over a month ago. I do know they are like succulents and don’t require much. I’m also underwaterer.
    It’s strange I can’t find any information about this particular problem. Thank you tho!

• Sonia
    3 years ago

I just read that the bulbs are where it stores water. There is lots of advice if you google the plant, but it seems normal.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.