saimarashid

Side extension ideas for kitchen, utility, playroom and bedroom

saimarashid

Hi
We bought the house with an extension in mind to meet our family needs. More than a year later and after a few awkward consultations with a couple of architects and builders... we are no nearer to any solutions. It feels like we’re living in limbo and that’s starting to affect us all in the family.

The dilemma we face is that we need an extension that gives us

• a bigger kitchen ( with some living space for young children)
  • a utility/second kitchen ( for big extended family reasons)
  • playroom/office
  • another bedroom with en-suite

We have a U shaped garden. This is making the design very problematic. The only side that we can extend is unfortunately the only private side that we constantly use as a family.

Would appreciate any help or ideas that anyone might have. Please let me know if you need any more information or pictures.