clare_45

Help with scandi style dining room

clare_45
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are redecorating a really tricky room in our Victorian house. It’s a through-room from the hall to the kitchen and small with awkward angles. It’s roughly 3m x 4m and has two doorways in from hall and into kitchen.

Ultimately we want to extend the house and square off the back room with the kitchen and have a big open plan Living space with bifold doors etc. For now we want to freshen it up.

I know I want a scandi/mid century look but my problem is if I go with white painted floorboards I’m worrying it will jar with my traditional Victorian front room. The carpet needs replacing in the front room but if I go with white floorboards in here too I’m not sure it will look right?

the carpet in from the hall is dark stripes so again I don’t know how that will transition into white floorboards.

Photos - The room w the fireplace is my front room, the room with the window seat is the room we are redecorating. One set images are how it’s been for years and the set with the floorboards are how It looks ready for redecorating. The floorboards are too orange for my liking so I either want them white or sanding again to make less orange and a flatter finish.

The last image is a mood board for the room.

My questions are would white floorboards look good in my back room and would they need to be in my front room for continuity and if so would They work there too or should we go with them lighter pine type floorboards idea?

im really struggling with the flooring!

Thanks

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.