eilidhmca

Georgian style house canopy / porch help

eilidhmca
3 years ago

Hi everyone,
Our house has a Georgian style front canopy with pillars. Parts of the house are old (were unsure of exact date) and whilst were very keen to keep all the period features and love the look of the house, we can’t help but feel the porch looks oversized and the pillars look quite obviously unoriginal. We’ve debated for a while whether to remove the pillars and replace with another Georgian style porch for a little while but not really looked into it in detail. However we’re going to be getting the house repainted soon and think if the porch is being altered then it’s got to be done at the same time.
We’re siding towards a similar flat canopy but a bit smaller and with no pillars, being supported by “brackets” (for want of a better word!) like the photo of the brick house below.

Would be very grateful for anyone’s opinion?!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.