ellealver

Extension and kitchen layout ideas

Amber Tallulah
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We're planning a new kitchen and a small extension off the kitchen. I'm trying to create some separation so we don't have to walk through the lounge to get into the kitchen. My idea was to enlarge the hallway up to the weird door to garage on the right, then adding new doorway from the existing lounge into dining area or kitchen.

We're not necessarily planning on keeping windows or doors where they are. Did consider a side extension to the kitchen but of course we have drains running along that side and builders seem horrified at the prospect of doing that kind of job,

I want to build an extension to have a table looking out onto the garden but also closer to the actual kitchen. This means the existing dining area would be closed off with sliding doors so it can more private.

The garden is huge so we can have a 3.5/4 wide by 4/5 metres deep with no negative impact.

What I miss the most from previous home: private lounge and a table in/off the kitchen with a view of the garden.

Any ideas and advice gratefully received.

This is an example of what I mean

Victorian Terrace House Kitchen · More Info

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.