kwansie

Long upwards sloping garden - help!

KXD
3 years ago

Dear Houzzers,
My north facing back garden is 40 metres long with the rear of the garden almost 4.5 metres higher than the patio level. Ideally I would like to have flat areas so it is more usable - my kids want a place to play ball games and I would like a patio further up the garden. I have spoken to a garden designer who has suggested that I divide the garden into three terraces with a level change of about 1.2 metres between the terraces. However I am a bit reluctant to have such steep level changes in the middle of the garden. What do you think please? Is it better to have a very steep first terrace and shallower terraces in the middle of the garden or should I do as the designer has suggested? Would appreciate your ideas and thoughts thank you!!!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.