lilyj3604

Utility Room in Victorian Terrace - what to do with existing fireplace

lilyj3604

We are refurbishing a utility room in an early Victorian terrace. There is currently a fireplace which has an old cast iron oven built in (which is cracked and collects dust). The question is do we keep this and try to clean it up or are there any alternative ideas as to what we can do that utilises the space in a better way rather than a just an ornamental feature? The rest of the room is to have plain shaker style traditional cupboards that incorporate the washer / tumble dryer, sink and tall cupboard that will hide the ironing board / brooms and cleaning materials. Ideas had included removing the oven and making the area into a drying / airing space

Comment