christinaloch

Victorian Terrace Exterior Restoration - bad 20th century updates

christinaloch
3 years ago

We have just bought a victorian terraced house and would love to restore it as much as possible (within our budget) closer to how it originally looked and to others on the street.

It has had a PVC porch put onto the front which we would love to remove and have the sash window reinstated.

We would also love to reinstate the front door placement and have it put back to the original recessed position. The inner ceiling curve which I guess would have been the front of the porch is still there so I don't imagine that part would be a huge job(??)

First image is our house (PVC!) and second image is a bay window in the area which we like (and wouldn't be as intricate stonework as the others).

Would love to hear some opinions and what kind of cost this would be. An initial quote including stone moulds was 30-40k which we found hard to believe?! Therefore won't be getting the moulds! Any advice/suggestions hugely recommended!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.