pete_a_smith

What's wrong with my Euphorbia succulent?

Peter

I've got a few of these euphorbia succulents. Normally they're really hardy - I've even managed to take cuttings and propagate new plants from them.

Recently, this one took a car trip to my new house, wrapped in cardboard.

It's now showing this strange surface scarring. The brown patches are changing colour over the days, parts of it are looking almost white/transparent now.

Maybe it got rattled in the car journey? Maybe the it didn't like the lack of light when wrapped up? Could it be something completely different like a fungus?

Has anybody experienced this before? Any idea what the prognosis is? Will it heal, or am I better off chopping off the healthy top and re-growing from there?

Can I do anything to help it out?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

• cath

Is this euphorbia?

• cath

Apologies, I had no idea there were so many different types. I just read the above link and found it very interesting.

• tezz4

No apologies necessary!!! Plants are so complicated and all different in their needs, care, climate blah blah that l thought it easier to post a link l found! 😁

• jackiep3

Like Cath I thought what? as I only know euphorbia as the Spurge family so we learn something new every day. High five.