Trickiest. Master. Ever. Any storage ideas?

HU-98576844

Hi everyone,

We are currently planning a full reno into a home that we are moving into. Fortunately, we've figured out most of the pieces except for our master bedroom which is currently both an eyesore and a headache. We've gotten terrific advice on here so hope we'll get lucky again!

The master isn't the biggest in the world. It is south facing, and the dimensions are listed below. The door is where the 0.85m is. The 2.75m is where the window is positioned.

Below is what is currently there. I am not a fan of the overhead wardrobes (I find them claustrophobic) and there is an odd series of shelves within a build-in cupboard to the left as one walks in. When the built-in cupboard is closed, all one sees is a door. All are pictured below.

We will want to buy a double bed with space for side tables if possible. The 'feel' of the house is minimalist, with light and bright colours throughout - almost akin to the picture of the light wooden storage here: https://bloesem.blogs.com/bloesem/2013/04/studio-oink.html. 

Recognising the need for maximum storage, I can learn to live with overheard but hope that there are some nice designs or new ways of thinking out there. Any advice or inspo welcome!