pastelgirl01

Small urban garden design - any thoughts?

pastelgirl01

Hi Houzzers,

We’re looking to redesign our garden on a budget and would love to hear your thoughts. The garden is the classic “L” shape as a result of the Edwardian semi layout. The back square bit of the garden is 6m x 5m and the side return bit is 7m x 2m.

We’d like to do a loose Mediterranean theme with a contemporary feel. The garden is south west facing.

Some key challenges are to create a dining area with dappled shade, somewhere for a toddler to play, and a reason to go to the side return. The garden is small and we’d like it to feel bigger (obviously!). The large tree is a weeping fig and it will stay. Everything else is going.

It would nice to have something that’s not just a dining set with a border around. Is that feasible in such a small space? Can we have garden rooms/zones?

Help! :-)