little_pisica

Help needed with bathroom renovation; ideas welcome

Chris Reagan
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all, looking for some design advice.

We're in the middle of an apartment make-over, and we're trying to revamp the bathroom, as well.

We've seen lots of lovely ideas, all unique and brilliant, and we've made our mind to use marble looking porcelain tiles in the bathroom, white with grey veins. We're trying to achieve something modern and luxurious looking, without breaking the bank.

Bathroom has a little over 4sqm in size, and a height of 2.8m. The pipings are already done, with the sink and a radiator on the right, toilet seat in front, and bathtub on the left (which will be transformed into a shower area), as you enter the room.

1. Would larger tiles will look better? We're considering sizes of 90x90cm or 60x120cm, or so. Any suggestions on which sizes would look nicer?

2. We're considering adding a medium-dark grey accent color, similar to the color of the existing door (which has some wood-like pattern). Do you think it's a good idea to paint the door frame and the door itself, to a monotone grey or white color, if the wood pattern will not seem to fit the rest of the design?

3. A rain shower head is a must-have. Do you think it will be too high to place it in the ceiling, at the 2.8m height?

4. What do you think about having a black-tinted mirror behind the toilet seat, to break from the white of the bathroom. In the pictures below is just a grey panel, and we're quite uncertain about that. Also thinking of making that a hidden storage space. Any opinions?

5. What do you think of the bathroom look as whole? Thank you for your time! Any advice would be very much appreciated and super-helpful!

above the door, across the whole length of the bathroom, there's a structural beam, about 30cm on each side

The pictures are renders made using an online tool, so they look a bit wonky.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.