webuser_312083474

Layout Overhaul

Katie
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

We're waiting to see if our offer is accepted on this amazing house in the countryside, however, the layout is too pokey and it needs a complete rewire and new plumbing. We were toying with some layout ideas but would love some critique and ideas, as this is going to be our 'forever home' so we want to make it the best it can be.

We have this list of things we would like to do with the layout:

1. Create 1 master bedroom with ensuite
  2. Combine wc's upstairs into a family bathroom
  3. Open up the rear of the property while keeping at least a Snug room separate downstairs

There are a couple of criteria that we would like but not sure how to do it:

1. Reading nook/zone in the open plan area
  2. Kitchen with decent storage

Here is the original ground floor layout

And here is the first floor layout

There are couple of different extensions that have been done over the years which mean there are different roof types/layouts.

We have a crude sketch of a layout idea but we don't really know how best to break up the space, and it does leave us with a large lounge that we're not sure how to use...maybe a cinema room or a traditional formal dining room.

Would love to hear ideas or if someone has a similar layout they've already altered.

thanks x

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.