kevin_padilla90

How can I decorate the wall above my bed that is off center?

Kevin Padilla
3 years ago

My bed is off center to the wall. I can’t move it around much because of where the outlets are and where the cable to the modem is plugged in. I want to know with visual examples of how I can decorate the wall above my bed without it looking disproportionate because of how the bed is off center. I tried moving the bed to be under the window but the headboard is higher than where the blinds hang, and I can’t replace the blinds because I’m renting.

Also, if there’s no way to decorate the area above the bed due to the asymmetry of the layout, how can I decorate the nightstand to not make the bedroom so boring?

I live in LA, so I can’t have anything to heavy on the walls in case of an earthquake. Are canvases too heavy?

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.