vick_patel29

Stair case design dilemmas

Vicky Patel

So we are at the final phase of the project and we have made a crazy decision to replace our stair cases. With budget now going past the contingency phase, we are not able to go for a hard wood and have instead ordered a pine one.

The style we have gone for is more of a modern luxury style in the rest of the house.

The dilemma I have is I like the minimal look of wood and glass, but I am not sure I can achieve that look with pine as it seems it’s oak that goes with glass?

At the same time I think just painting it all will not give the wow factor I want to achieve as it’s the first thing you see when you enter the house.

The flooring in the downstairs lannding is a herringbone grey oak (see pic attached) and we plan on having carpet on the stairs (maybe a runner style). The internal doors (not sure if they need to match the stairs or not) are a light grey/oak.

Any suggestions?