lucie_taylor3

Plan for a garden with a river at the bottom

Lucie Taylor
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello, looking for some ideas, thoughts on this blank canvas garden.

It's 3.6m by 8m so skinny and not huge, however at the bottom of the garden it backs on to a river and has great views of trees. We're probably going to divide the garden into thirds and put decking at the end - so we can enjoy the view, grass in the middle and paving next to the house, with some planting on one side.

Couple of things I'd like to get ideas around. We're going to remove the ugly chainlink fence and post and replace it with some thing nicer but also open. Though I think it's going to look a bit weird to have a tall fence then something shorter. (It does need a fence on because the drop is large and we have little ones). So thoughts on type of fence/balustrade, and how to manage the transition?

Also I want to paint the fence, probably a grey, thinking we'd paint the wall by the river white, though once decking is in it may be decked or little, would you also paint the decking and what colour? Paint the river fence?

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.