gabby247

Time to start planning a garden design! Help and ideas please? ☺️

Gabby Wong
3 years ago

So after last year completing a large extension/remodel (where you lovely people helped enormously with numerous ideas and as a general idea sounding board) The plan for this year was always to do the garden this year... Unfortunately a global pandemic hit, work was absolutely crazy and left me with no metal capacity to think of it... Now everyone wants their garden done and I at least need to work out what I (we) want done! 😂

This is the general layout of the site (although the left hand side isn't quite as angled as it appears (more parallel to the right hand fence) and the back of the garden also is more parallel to the house. )

The main idea I had was to have the patio in the angled section closest to the house on the left, so that most of the length of the garden could have grass still.

Raised beds along the right side as I ideally wanna try and grow more fruit and veg.

Trees along the back fence line to give some privacy from the houses behind.

The rectangle in the top left is currently a large shed (4.2x2.4m) , which we just dont use... so the plan is to get rid of it.

We're already getting a new fence put in along the back wall on front of the hodgepodge that's currently there and replacing the fence along the length of the shed that's currently fallen down.

We're about to get a dog, and kids are still on the cards, so whilst I do love gardens with more interest and paths and hidden corners, open spaces for dog/potential kids to play are still needed. (Plus neither my partner nor I are particularly green fingered and realistically dont have the time to be cutting back bushes all the time)

I do however wonder what else could be done and considered, to give a bit more interest!

So what do people think?? any bright ideas?

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.