sophial89

North-west facing rear garden - should we buy the property?

Sophia Lahey

We have found a house for sale that we absolutely love and it ticks all of our boxes, however the rear garden is NW facing. Having only ever lived in a top floor flat with no garden and then a maisonette with a south facing rear garden, we're not 100% sure how much we should be concerned about facing NW.

The garden is pretty sizable, and while there's a tall neighbouring house to the east side, the house on the west side is not tall, so I'm assuming this would allow some sunshine to get through.

The kitchen (at the rear) has some lovely skylights so I think it should get some sunlight which is good.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there anything specifically that we should look out for? If anyone also has any advice for what we need to consider in terms of light within theactual house, I'd love to hear this too!

Thanks so much in advance.