james_garner82

Ideas for Elevation of a Semi Detached 1960s house

James Garner
3 years ago

Hi

My house is the one on the right in the photo. We have done a lot of work and added a loft conversion and a side and back extension but now want to turn our attention to the front elevation.

It looks a little bit council house at the moment even thought it was never council owned and other houses in the street do not look like this.

Our next door neighbour (on the left has done an extension rendered and then changed the roof tiles to a horrible red which is out of keeping with the rest of the street but nothing we can do. I want to make sure what we do works and makes our property look great.

im considering rendering the front of my house and spraying the windows grey and adding a bay window to the main window.

would appreciate some advice here as the the best thing to do as not sure what is going to be best.

The location of our house is great but just want to sort out the front.

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.