webuser_846561189

Improvements to the front of my ex council semi

Jade
3 years ago

We're currently renovating a late 40s, early 50s ex council semi. We can't spend a crazy amount on it as we don't want to never be able to recoup the spend when we eventually do move, but we plan to stay a long time as its such a lovely area with great neighbours, a great view (we're not in an estate) and we've done an attic conversion I'm in love with. So we just want to make it look as nice as we can.
We've just replaced all the windows and the front door. I wondered if anyone has any other suggestions to make it look better? Obviously the skip will be moving and we're getting all new guttering, soffits and fascias.
My current plan is to get my my plants growing up the trellis which will be a lot better next year and to replace our garden gate to something the same colour as our new front door and I have some nice stained glass to put in it, in keeping with the front door.
Do you think a little pointed canopy over the doorway would look nice or have any other suggestions for the house?

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.