jeff_schneider97

Replacing immersion boiler with Sunamp UniQ Heat Batteries?

Jeff Schneider
3 years ago

Hi, I'd like to get some feedback on what options I have for my hot water needs.

My situation: I live along in a one bed property (shower only), electirc heating only, and hot watewr currently managed through an immersion heater water tank. My main problem: the water tank is in a bedroom cupboard, quite noisy at night and takes up valuable storage space which I could use.

I have been contacted by companies suggesting I replace it with a Sunamp UniQ 3 Heat Battery?

Does anyone have any experience with these? Would the capacity of the UniQ 3 be sufficient for my needs? Price sounds interesting and would solve noise and storage problems without negative impact on instant hot water or flow rate?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for yopur help

Comment (1)

• Jonathan
    3 years ago

It doesn’t look like you will gain very much extra space. I wonder if you could get the noise down by installing a timer to heat your water while you are out- those tanks are generally well insulated so can heat your water well before your morning shower.
    Perhaps there is another innovative way of getting better storage.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.