webuser_402778550

Flooring?! Porcelain tile or not?

HU-402778550
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are redecorating our house and making a double storey extension next to it. The question is what to use for flooring? I always liked the idea of having dark wooden floor specially because I always had light oak laminate on my previous houses. I would like to use two different types if flooring now because we do have two separate sections so we have open plan hall, living room, dinning room and then there is kitchen that leads to the family diner, sitting area and kids play room. The dark wooden floor is not an option anymore because I’ve got two toddlers and keep dark flooring clean is not an option plus we have quite short ceiling so dark walnut flooring makes it small. We’ve had a look at the Luxury vinyl so we decided to use a light color for the living room and dining room and a medium brown for the rest including stairs and they’re great but I couldn’t find a kind of cream beige colour that I like to use for the living room and dining room to match with the medium brown. The only nice light colors are the ones with grey tone on them and I don’t like the coldness of grey specially with my white walls. Anyway, we saw a nice porcelain tile that’s beige just the color we are looking for and it’s got a touch of shine to it. It’s gorgeous and we will use underfloor heating underneath. However, I’m still not too sure as I don’t know they may still feel cold even with underfloor heating in an open plan house! Also, the would they crack? Will they be slippery? How ‘s the cleaning? I have two toddlers but the sitting area, our dining place and kid toom will still be vinyl so kids would hardly be in that part of the house. it will mainly be used for guests and parties. I‘ve attached the photo. Has anyone had experience of porcelain? What do you think? Do you think the safer option is to look again to find a stone effect LVT? I don’t think I can get shiny LVT. I know shine is not a thing just now but I like the shine too but I don’t like it to be too shiny as well. It’s the one on top at the photos

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.