rowen_douglas

What sort of floor should I put in the kitchen?

Rowen Douglas
3 years ago

I’m re-doing my kitchen and wondering if anyone could advise on what sort of floor to go for?
I’ve been considering amtico or karndean click, or engineered wood, but am open to considering other floor types.
I love the look of porcelain tiles, but I rent out the flat and am conscious that they could be damaged. I like genuine wooden floors in the kitchen too.
The cabinets are a solid wood shaker style in a very dark blue.

I’d like to go for an economical choice, as there is the cost of having the floor put down to also consider, but would like it to look really nice as I’ve put effort into making sure the rest of the kitchen will look good!

Does anyone have a view on what amtico, karndean and alike look? Are they a good likeness for wooden floors? I’m not sure they are from what I’ve seen online. It’s a galley kitchen with surfaces on either side of the room and the window at the end of the aisle.

Sorry for the ramble, thank you in advance for any thoughts.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.