webuser_986088220

Complete windows overhaul - can we make this ugly house beautiful?

Martha Turner
3 years ago

We have completed internal renovation on our house, but it is let down by the outside. The windows are the main problem. They are a mix of PVC and aluminium, different styles, fitted at various times, and all needing replacing!

I love the large window to the left, but hate the others. Most on the first floor are also too high (112cm floor to sill) so we are wondering about enlarging them by bringing them down an extra 20 cm or so?

I was bought up in a Victorian house so used to tall sashes. Don't think that style is going to work here! So maybe something more cottagey? Ideally would like timber.

Any advice on styles or dimensions would be gratefully received. How can we start to get a more coherent look and improve the outside appearance??!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.