kirsty_ryder

TV Unit with pull out desk

Kirsty Ryder
3 years ago

We have 4 reception rooms in our house (I know, ridiculous) and we are not using the space well at all. We have a living room which isn't really used very well, a playroom (too far from the kitchen for a toddler when mummy needs to cook!!), a room which is just storage as we have a chronic lack of cupboards in the house and my partner spends his evenings slumped on a tiny sofa watching TV on his laptop balanced on a footstool in the "snug" which he has claimed as his as it has a wood stove and is next to the kitchen. It is a small, dark room which is otherwise just a corridor to the rest of the house so we all traipse through it many times a day!

I would like to improve this and am considering what might work (and hoping he might be more willing to think of it as a family room where we can all hang out sometimes!!)

One thing I thought of was if we could have a TV unit that was multipurpose as a desk. Maybe having a monitor on it that could be used as a tv or a small TV that could be used as a monitor, or even if the two things have to be separate just a pullout desk underneath the tv he could put his laptop on ... i have found one image that is close to what I'm thinking of but it looks very bespoke therefore £££ I'm thinking something like this but without the doors and without the separate tv but the idea of building it into a storage unit does seem appealing given our lack of storage! Has anyone seen anything like this before or think it ia a terrible idea?

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.