colette_fuller

Front door and garage colour decisions!

Colette
3 years ago

I am lucky enough to be married to a builder, and we have spent the last 10 years revamping our 1920s semi, from a full rewire, walls knocked through, loft conversion etc etc we are now ready to tackle the front of our house - it's pretty scruffy, and we need a new front foor, garage door and covering for the drive. A little while ago we couldnt agree whether to keep the porch or not....Well we have now agreed to get rid and go back to how the house was originally designed. We are planning on removing the exterior porch door and finding a new home for work coats and boots! We want the drive to be simple and low maintenance so will be going for tarmac with a small raised area in the corner for some shrubs. All the 'stuff' thats there will be moved and taken elsewhere, it resembles a mini builders yard at the mo! So I am looking for advice typically on front door colour and garage colour. From what I'm reading most people tend to match them, but if I go for a peacock blue for example, what colour would we choose for the garage. My husband says the exterior of the house is black and white and may lend itself to white again. I really like the more vibrant door colours but havent seen any with a garage, they tend to be on terraces? What ideas/advice do you have? I've attached pics of current view and idea of door colour and porch tiling.

Front Gardens · More Info

Colette Fuller's Ideas · More Info

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.