heenamcha

South west facing garden design dilemma

heenamcha
3 years ago

Hi, I’ve been looking at my garden over lockdown wondering how to improve it as I’ve never really given it the care and attention it really needs and realise I need to make quite a few drastic changes, I’m not green fingered but I do like plants maybe more shrubs rather than lots of flowers. The garden is L shaped and quite uneven but I cannot afford to level up and replace the grass, south west facing and I like the idea of 2 zones, 1 with paving and 1 with a play area and grass.. I would like to put paving/tiles up until the end of the annex with a step up into the grass and maybe behind the annex a little area for the bbq. At the back there is a trampoline and I’m hoping to get someone to dig out the concrete paths (we tried and failed!) so I can put a child-friendly base for a climbing frame. I’m thinking of painting the annex dark grey or black to modernise and add texture. Trying to let the ivy grow across the fences no longer works and I will need to fork out and replace the whole line along the right side on the garden. We will most probably try and do as much as we can ourselves to keep the budget down. Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated to enjoy the garden more! Thanks in advance!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.