jaydigs

Paving colour for driveway - To match or not to match?

Jason Digs
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello Houzz Community,

I hope you are all well.

I have a small dilemma on choosing the correct paving colour for my front driveway and was wondering if I could kindly request your feedback on which one to go for. I have narrowed it down to two.

Firstly, let me start off by saying I have just had the front wall built that is a 1:1 copy of my neighbours wall. See some before and afters below;

Before

After

Paving Options

As mentioned about, the colour choices for the driveway are down to two - Killyleagh and Cashel, which I have posted a picture of below:

My neighbour already has his driveway completed and he went for Killyleagh, which you can see in the video here - https://streamable.com/1f8mdd

I like how Killyleagh does not clash with the wall colour however, it also looks a bit greyer/duller. Cashel matches but is it too much of the same colour scheme going on?

Given the colour of the wall and the front of the house being rendered in a predominately white with a rich orange segment, which of the two paving options do you think best suits?

UPDATE - CASHEL IS OUT. NEW VOTE IS BETWEEN KILLYLEAGH AND SLATE

Seems like Cashel has been turfed out but there is a little vote off between Slate and Killy.

I have until tomorrow to make that decision but wanted to open the voting again between the two. Here are a couple of better pics of the two:

KILLYLEAGH AND SLATE

FRONT HOUSE - DIFFERENT ANGLE

FYI, I will be leaving that front space between the two piers open i.e. no gate. This is because it will allow two cars to get in easily. I will however, be getting the black railings. We also have a Midnight blue door on order. I am contemplating grey window frames but undecided on this yet.

To Slate or to Killy?

Thank you again.

Comments (138)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.