factbasedbadgerinatutu

Cottage kitchen dilemma: Red quarry tiles & exposed stone

Hello,

We've got a cottage that we're replacing the kitchen on. It's got lovely traditional red-ish quarry tiles (pic attached) and exposed whin stone walls (again, pic attached). The bit of wall that's covered is plasterboarded and painted a simple magnolia with white skirting board/cornice. It's quite a dark kitchen at the best of days.

We're struggling to come up with kitchen colour scheme ideas that work well with the warmth of the tiles, but look ok against the dark cottage walls.

We're thinking of something similar to this: https://www.houzz.co.uk/photos/handmade-kitchen-in-crouch-end-london-transitional-kitchen-london-phvw-vp~155793362 i.e. dark blue matt cabinets and plain white worktops, mainly because we hope white will reflect a lot of light, and the contrast between worktop/cabinets is something we prefer... and we hope the navy blue will tie into the darkness of the stonework well.

I'd welcome thoughts/ideas/inspiration as we're really just doing some background research for now.