factbasedbadgerinatutu

Awkward living room layout / blocked off bits - which furniture?

factbasedbadgerinatutu
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Our living room is a really awkward layout to work with, so far we've got away with having a single sofa from our old place, but it's so old and too big for the room so we need to sort it eventually. The problem is that there are so many "fixed" things in the living room I'm struggling to come up with a seating plan/layout that works.

I'm thinking a big 2-seater or small 3-seater sofa against the east wall, maybe with a couple of chairs opposite on the east wall? (There's no space to put a sofa on the west wall because of the way the wall juts out, and it also blocks access to the curtains which is a pain - to keep standing on the sofa to draw the curtains every night!)

No room for putting anything on the south wall due to the fire, and the big bay window dominates the north so that's out too.

Thoughts?

I've repeatedly seen the 1 sofa 2 chairs thing on interior design blogs but suspect it won't be enough seating, but not sure how to manage it all so well without having key stuff blocked off in the room.

Floorplan: https://ibb.co/y6R62Zf

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.