bianca_serrao

Tiny extension - hassle or not?

Bianca Serrao
3 years ago

Hello,

Looking to find out if I build into that little gap at the rear of my house next to the rear utility (to right of steps by the window if you look at photo), would this require any planning permission or drawings of any kind? I wanted to do a beautiful big 3 metre rear extension but I just think this will stretch me too far financially so I'm trying to make the space of the house work for me.

Floor plan below shows the current layout. I'd knock through kitchen diner and move kitchen to the other side but I want to expand the utility area slightly and replace the current one with a more sound structure. Is it worth it to rather save up for a bigger extension or do you think a small bit of work like this wouldn't be too much hassle with planning, drawings, building control etc? Any advice greatfully received

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.