webuser_787619146

Is it easier than I think?!

Carrie T
3 years ago

Hello Houzzers!

I’m after a bit of advice please... we’re wanting to create a kitchen/dining/family room which would mean extending our current house. The design we like best (and would use the ‘dead space’ in our garden instead of the more useful space) is causing me (maybe unwarranted) worries for three reasons:

1. The side wall of our extension would go right up to the boundary between ours and our neighbour’s house (the side wall of our garage currently creates the boundary and the extension would be a continuation of this) - think this causes issues from a read on the web (notices have to be served?! And access to the neighbour’s garden for the builders?).
  2. The extension would be within 3 meters of our neighbour’s conservatory - again, I think this causes issues from a read on the web (notices have to be served?!).
  3. There are various tree roots in our garden from our neighbour’s trees which the extension would be over/in the vicinity of.

Are all these problems ‘simple’ to sort or are they likely to be sticking points for our proposed design? Hopefully I’m worrying unnecessarily!

Any advice or thoughts would be welcome :)

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.