poonam_tanna98

Can anyone make this tiny loft bathroom work???

Poonam Tanna
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi All,

We are trying to configure the layout of our loft bathroom/wetroom and as it's so small we're really struggling to think of a plan. We'd like to fit a shower, toilet and sink.

I've attached an image below, these are our thoughts so far:

- My initial plan was to put a shower screen in the middle of the back wall, with the shower on the right and the toilet on the left, this would allow both of the wastes to run behind. However with only 1300cm to play with this doesn't seem like enough for a shower head and toilet clearance

- Our builder has suggested to fit a shower tray above the tile rather than a tray embedded underneath like in most wetrooms. This is because it is in a loft there is a lot of movement and over time this can cause cracks due to the timber frame, having a tray above will avoid this.

He also suggested a shower curtain rather than a screen due to the lack of space which I am massively against as I think it will look awful.

- We'll have a sliding/pocket door so clearance is not a concern

- The XXXX marks at the top show where the plumbing runs so having the toilet/shower around that area is a preference

- There is a window on the left wall which we preferably do not want to change to avoid additional costs, but this restricts where a shower could go though as we'd like to avoid water falling directly onto it.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.