victoria_aweh

Redesigning living space to get a bigger kitchen

Vitell

Hello All!

I'd really appreciate your help in assessing the options for our downstairs living space.

We've lived in this terraced property for a couple of years and with an increasingly growing family, it's become evident that the kitchen is simply too small for us. We've been advised that our options are either to move (not affordable right now) or simply shift the wall further into the living room. I'm worried about a long narrow kitchen with this and really struggling to visualise what the space would look like with this.

Another idea that was floated about was moving the front door to the right, placing the cloakroom between the living room and kitchen therefore having an almost L shaped kitchen? Again, with no drawings I struggle to visualise this or know if it's even a feasible idea.

My other half is strongly against an open plan space so that is also out of the question.

Your thoughts are most welcome.

Thank you!

Kitchen (2.01m X 3.53m)

Living/Dining Room (4.27m X 7.32m)