webuser_846561189

How to redesign our downstairs layout

Jade
last month
last modified: last month

Hi, we are currently renovating our house, we've just finished our attic conversion and first floor, now we're onto the ground floor.I wondered if anyone has any ideas for how we could reconfigure the downstairs? Our plan is to knock down the conservatory and build an extension. Our living room is quite nice and has a feature fireplace so would rather not knock the fireplace wall out (wall between living room and kitchen) but I'm open to knocking anything else about and would be happy for the current room to change to dining area or stay as a living room. I think the more open the better as my kitchen and living room are currently a little bit dark but the back of the house is very bright (south facing).As a minimum I want room in the downstairs for a living room, a big dining table and a nice kitchen. As a desirable, but I don't want to pack too much in if it makes the other spaces smaller, I'd like a tiny utility space for stacked washer and dryer and possibly a tiny downstairs wc.Realised there's no dimensions on the plan so for scale the rooms are, living room 6.17x3.05m, kitchen 6.24x2.53m, conservatory 2.97x4.78m.Help! Thank you

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.