webuser_310760854

Which way to open plan? Help?!

HU-310760854
3 years ago

I am currently renovating my detached 70s house that needs a new kitchen. The house is wider than it is long and currently has a separate utility ( off kitchen), kitchen, dining room room and lounge all looking onto the back garden, with the hallway and stairs to the front of the house with doors to the kitchen, dining room and lounge. The dining room between the lounge and the kitchen, has a glass partition wall and door to the hall. The house originally had double doors between the lounge and the dining room, but the previous owners bricked it up as they wanted separate rooms. I'm torn between opening up the kitchen, dining room and hall to make one big open plan space or reinstate the double doors between the lounge and the dining room to make the dining room less formal. What would other people do?

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.