kjas11

help with mid century dining chair restoration

kjas11
last year

Hi, We have a G Plan table and chairs which is about to be restored to go into the dining part of our new open plan space (when the extension is built). It is a family piece and will continue to be in daily use.
My question is should I replace the upholstery with more black vinyl or something else? If something else what is a good upholstery fabric for dining chairs used all the time?
I know the table is G Plan as it has a sticker. I haven’t been able to find an exact copy of the chairs. They are a bit unusual because of the way the back joins the legs at the top. If anyone knows about these things it would be great to know the make.
Thank you in advance.