john_dikeman

Have to build kitchen offset from wall, couple questions

John Dikeman
3 years ago

Hello everyone

We are renovating our small apartment and the plumber stuck our new water heater and all it's tubes right on the wall of our kitchen. In the end we will have to build our main kitchen unit about 10 cms out from the wall.

Couple questions:

The cooker hood, should it still be directly under a cabinet above the hood or do I need to mount it 10 cms out? In which case, maybe I need to find a small island style hood.

Are there any good recirculation hoods? At this point, ducting is not an option. Seems impossible to find real info on this....

Any clever idea on how to deal with this empty 10cm gap? We are doing an ikea kitchen, as we are poor.... The option to simply get a custom worktop that had the extra depth added 300 euros to the cost. One thing we are considering, is building a small fake wall. Maybe, I don't know 30cm high, with a little shelf behind it. Then we can put stuff, olive oil, whatever, behind that.

Comments, suggestions?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.