webuser_635934276

Detached Bungalow extension ideas please!

Jaideep Pathak
3 years ago

Hi All

I am considering putting an offer on a bungalow. My requirements are 3 double beds plus 2 shower rooms. I have considered semi-detached properties but what is available is too overpriced and ones within my budget are not in good condition and in almost all cases 3rd bedroom is a box room.

Therefore, I was considering buying a bungalow with adequate space to extend (rear or upwards). However, before I put an offer I want some ideas on what may be possible to meet my objectives while being cost effective. The immediate neighbor of the bungalow has done an extension upwards (dormer) and therefore, I do not anticipate planning consent will be an issue. My budget is 50-60k for the extension / refurbishment and wanted to figure out what may be possible.

I have attached the original floor plan of the bungalow in question with some photos, including that of the neighbor bungalow. Also, I have tried creating layout that will meet my needs by extending to rear. However, what I am unsure about is:

1. Rear v/s dormer extension with bath - which would be less costly / practical to accomplish?

2. My proposed layout (attached) involves extending to the rear and moving the kitchen to create a kitchen diner - will this significantly increase my costs? The proposed layout does not seem to have adequate space for a dining area and therefore, may need ample rear extension to have that space.

Your ideas / thoughts will be much appreciated

Thanks..!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.